Why Choose GCA?
Grace Christian Academy serves a diverse student body with caring teachers and a traditional Christ-centered education. In this safe and disciplined environment, GCA partners with parents, to prepare students, both spiritually and academically, to excel in High School and beyond.
- Excellent Staff - All of our teachers (Pre-K to 8th grade) are degreed and state certified career educators. The majority of our staff have sixteen years or more serving students and families, many with advanced degrees. All are fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Spirituality - At Grace Christian Academy, we serve to educate, equip, and encourage the total child – spirit, mind and body – which can only be done in a loving atmosphere where God’s Word is seen as the basis for wisdom, understanding, and learning. Students develop a sense of self-worth because of who they are in Jesus Christ and begin to discover the unique gifts God has given them and the best way to use those gifts to bless others.
- Academics - We hold to high academic standards. Our educational plan is to determine the students’ level of development, analyze their abilities and with the cooperation from the parents, advance their education to their highest potential. Our entire staff is fully committed to delivering on this plan… and we expect the same level of commitment from our students and their parents.
- Programs and Services - In order to provide a well-rounded and rich experience, Grace Christian Academy offers an extensive array of developmental programs and services. These include Library, Daily Bible Classes, Music, Art, laptop computer access, and more.
- Parental Involvement - Since 1981, Grace Christian Academy has been an important part of many parents’ plan for giving their children the best. The GCA staff is an extension of your instruction and example of godliness and wisdom. Since we are an extension of the parents, we encourage parental participation in the school through the Parent-Teacher-League, Room Moms & Dads and other volunteer opportunities.
- High Expectations of Moral Values - We hold to the high social and moral standards specified in the Bible, both for ourselves and for the future leaders and citizens we are educating. Students grow in self-discipline and responsibility for themselves and others and learn to appreciate the guidance, support, training and love given by those in authority at home and school.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination - Grace Christian Academy is committed to providing academic and employment environments that are free from unlawful discrimination. Grace Christian Academy does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, veteran status or age in the administration of any of its educational programs, admissions policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school-administered programs or in hiring practices. Students are entitled to a learning environment free from unlawful discrimination. By the same token, employees are entitled to a working environment free from unlawful discrimination. Any student, staff employee, or faculty member who unlawfully discriminates against a student on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability may be subject to sanction and disciplinary action.
History of GCA
On August 31st, 1981, the doors of Grace Christian School were opened for the very first time. The school began with 96 students occupying five Sunday School classrooms. In May of 1985, Penn Junction Elementary School was purchased from the Pattonville School District, which was our home for 28 years. GCA became a ministry of Dorsett Village Church in January of 2012. We then spent four years in the Briarcrest building in Pattonville, and we are are now excited to be in a new building at 2543 Hood Avenue in Overland.
We believe that from these doors, students will be prepared to serve God in many ways, their jobs and responsibilities may vary greatly, but all will be intent on one purpose – to reach people in their community and help them to enter into a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.